Monday, June 25, 2007

Talking About Talking (recap)

Shakespearemint Gum: this stupidly enough just comes from my seeing something that was spearmint and free associating. Don't try this at home, I'm criminally insane. Your mind should not work like that.

Your Mind is On Vacation and your mouth is working overtime: I know that technically this isn't talking about talking but I had so many songs about talking, I had to get some of them in.

Outtake fun: I heard these the first time on Steve Dahl's show a million years ago but when I heard the Kasey Casem bit on Distorted View Daily recently, I felt I had to share them with you. These really crack me up every time I hear them.

There is more to the Orson Welles piece. As you might be able to tell from the Pinky and the Brain bit, there was a problem where Orson had to re-record something because there was a "gonk" somewhere in the recording. If you really like this stuff, you can also find a fair number of Orson Welles video outtakes of him being too drunk to do TV commercials.

How terrible it is to have made the greatest film of all time in one's 20's and then be reduced to this crap for another four decades.

It is Maurice LaMarche not Lawrence LaMarche. I cringe every time I hear myself say that.

It kills me that they did a whole cartoon parodying something that I think most people have never heard.

Brilliant Idea and Telephone Licenses: not surprisingly both of these ideas came to me at work. I really do think that it would be nice to only let certain people use phones... especially if I'm not one and the computer really should start a few minutes early.

Cocaine: I don't remember where this idea came from but once it did, I really wanted to have the announcer interrupt the legal stuff for a much longer aside that has nothing to do with anything... I chickened out and made it too short.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard the Casey Kasem one before, the funniest part is how his frustration with the dead dog story segues into anger about some missing pictures. I sure hope they got Don on the phone.

I remember the Pinky & the Brain bit, though I never knew they were parodying Orson Welles (parody? it's practically a word for word reenactment). So much of that show flew right over kids' heads.

Caleb Bullen said...

For me it's the total shock when he repeats, "two". I'm almost helpless with hilarity now just from thinking about it.