Monday, November 19, 2007

Welcome Back Caleb (redux)

Hey everybody! It sure is good to be putting out shows again. Sorry that the feed is a little wonky but you can still get the show on the website until iTunes catches up. Remember, you can usually go here to find out about these things or you can email me. You know the address by now, no?

The coffee bit came to me literally in my sleep. Just one non-sequitur stream of consciousness into another. Had a really hard time with this voice though. I kept trying to slip into Ben Cohen.

A Modest Farm Bill Proposal came from an article about the 10 billion dollar pot crop in California. I was reading that article around the same time as I was listening to a news story about the farm bill. Just like people find meaning in disassociated events to lend credence to astrologers or find shapes in abstract art or clouds, my brain did the same thing with the two stories and combined them quite illogically. I made the mistake of writing this whole thing out though and I like the way I perform these better when I just write down the beats I have to hit and riffing live. That's just a byproduct of not having a computer to work on for so long though.

Duelling Burroughs. This one, like the Chocolate Moses song, came from a discussion or series of discussions with Laurence Simon of http://podcasting.isfullofcrap.com I heartily suggest talking to him about almost anything. Before you know it, you'll both be riffing and brilliant ideas will pop into your head. Or, ideas like William S. Burroughs doing a talk show in hell where he interviews himself will pop into your head. That might not be brilliant, but it's certainly unusual.

Also, I had this thought recently, I should put a dead on William S Burroughs impression on my résumé under special skills. I don't know that it would help me get work but where it was appreciated would be a place I could really thrive... I think.

Snoop Dogg I know, I can't do an impersonation of Snoop Dogg and this is a little sloppy. None the less, it's been stuck in my head for a month and I had to get it out. Sorry.

Chocolate Moses oh yeah, I also do something of a Tom Waits impersonation. That's practical, eh?

Okay, let's hope this doesn't take another month to do another show, and let's also hope that iTunes get's things together.

No comments: