Thursday, January 24, 2008

leave britney a loan?

Coming up on this weekend's show:

  • I have no idea really
  • Much Much More?

I had this thought. I've been hearing an awful lot about Britney Spears even though I really try to avoid the kinds of "news" sources that would tell me about her various exploits. Unfortunately, she's so ubiquitous even I know about her "problem".

What is her problem you might ask? The media. The girl cannot steer clear of the media. I know, you thought I was going to say drugs or try to psychoanalyze her or some other kind of typical bullshit but lets face it, her problem is the media. Her records, make money. People like them. All that other stuff isn't any of our damned business.

I think I've figured out an ingenious way that she, or any other hounded celebrity, can stay out of the media though. She needs to start her own 24 hour full access reality show/channel. She needs to have a camera on her at all times, when she's taking a shit, when she's sleeping, when she's watching tv, always.

That way, anybody else who wants to photograph or record her in any way without her consent is stealing her channel's intellectual property. As a person, you don't have any real right to privacy in public but as the product of a corporate entity, they have every right to keep you from ripping off their product which in this case would be electronic images of Ms. Spears.

All she has to do then, is decide how much a subscription to BTV is worth. I might set it at a million dollars a month if I didn't want anyone to watch. She might set it lower or higher depending on which meant more to her, the money or her life.

Of course a less extravagant approach would be to wear disguises and not act like an ass in public but that kind of lifestyle clearly isn't for everyone.

No comments: