Thursday, February 14, 2008

Market Research!

Coming up on this weekend's show:
  • The Muppets Re-Take Manhattan
  • Candy!
  • The Emperor's New Commercials
  • A Brilliant Idea
  • MORE SHATNER
  • much much more?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The Black Tie Martini Club Oddcast is not as popular as it could be, that is to say it is not as popular as it once was before I switched to Libsyn.

I cannot help but think that if I was giving you a show more to your liking, you, would be compelled to proselytize the show to everyone you knew. Is this not what social media Darwinism is all about?

So in order to better serve you, the listener, I have devised a brief questionnaire which I hope you will answer anonymously.

  1. If you do not listen to the show, why not? (if you do, thanks! move on along to the next question)
  2. What first made you listen to the show?
  3. From the time you first knew about the show, how long did it take for you to try it?
  4. What could I do to make the show better for you?
  5. What do you think I could do to make the show better for other people?
  6. questions, comments, complaints, errata etc.

Don't worry, I'm not going to stop doing the show or sell out in some egregious way. I basically do the show for me, the way I want to hear it. It's just that if I didn't write and produce this show but were just a listener, I'd be going crazy telling everyone how they HAD to listen because it's the coolest thing ever and many of you aren't doing that. Some of you are, and I thank you for it.

No comments: