Wednesday, April 16, 2008

WTF POV (recap)

Sorry this one is so late but life continues to rocket on ahead without pause for station identification.

Heard in this week's show were:
Happiness Saturns Rings - Martin Jensen
I Dig Chicks - Jonah Jones
Boogie Stop Shuffle - Charles Mingus
Sunday Papers - Joe Jackson
One Eyed Monkey - Combustible Edison

Crush Toothpaste - Came from hearing an ad for tomato paste

Vote Mars - This came from some of the issues I've been having where office politics shift under my feet. It occurred to me that I could use a zeitgeistometer to clue me in to what is happening behind the scenes when I walk in the door each morning. Then the Clinton/Obama fights provided the rest of the sketch... as usual.

Firefly - The blog that this was edited from was forwarded by a friend. Daphne Abernathy of course kicked ass on this one.

The Media Makes Reality - I know, this is essentially stolen right from Paddy Chayefsky's Network. But the more I try keeping up on the pseudo-news the more aware I am of the stupid bias. Plus, I keep hearing from everybody about the other bias that mostly isn't there but, of course, is there just enough that you can't write off everyone who thinks they see it.

John Wayne - I spent all Sunday trying to watch either damned movie to write the counterpoint to Firefly. I consulted the Oblique Strategies deck and although I don't remember the advice it gave, it made me think I should just tell the story behind the non-story.

Iraq - I don't mean this quite as bitterly as it sounds. Obviously we didn't kill most of the civilians (perhaps not any) and without us there, that cost in blood might still be paid. We did, however, set that scene into motion and it costs us a billion dollars a week for the pleasure.

No comments: