Saturday, July 05, 2008

Banana! (recap)

Songs heard on this episode:
Lunar Walk - The Johnny Hawksworth Orchestra
Psychedelic Samba - Shawn Lee's Ping Pong Orchestra
Monkey Man - The Rolling Stones

Featured in the cast were

Guy David - http://www.guydavid.com/
Radar Masukami - http://slundertheradar.com/
Daphne Abernathy - http://daphneabernathy.com/
Ian M. Ralph -
Scott Monty - http://www.scottmonty.com/
Anima Zabaleta
Laurence Simon - http://podcasting.isfullofcrap.com/

I'm sorry I didn't mention Guy in the credits of the show. I'm just a moron.

And now your recap:

Intro - The Guy David intro is a parody of his own self parodizing intro to his own show.
Martian bananas - Bananas are the worlds number one eaten fruit because they're cheap and chock full of sustenance. Lately, like all the worlds poor, I've been eating a lot more of them too.

Cleveland Steamer - This literally came to me in a dream. I had this image of a woman in an arctic fox fur coat and hat shoveling money into the furnace of a steam engine limousine. By the way, it's really hard to find podcasting nerds who can sound like a real stoner. Apparently there's less overlap between the two groups than you might think.

The Podcaster - ripping myself off from The case of the Flight of the Bumblebees.

Entering Blakslee Publishing - The former bad receptionist has taken a slight leave from podcasting I thought it would be funny if her partner made note of that. The sound effect of the running elevator should've been louder. Oops!

Meeting Razzap Snookums - I don't know why I like to fill the Razzap Snookums episodes with random Jr. High science. Maybe some day he can have his own Mr. Wizzard like spinoff?

The Banana Brothers - Scott Monty really did a great job of pulling off a triple part. I needed one person to do all three roles because as clones they all needed to have a similar enough voice to be clones but different enough to not be confusing. How they opened the door if they don't have any feet or hands... I don't know.

Razzap Showdown - I know, this is essentially the same ending as the last two but uh... I'm consistent to the format? Also the number of crimes committed by detectives in virtually all mystery or detective adventures is astounding.

Coda: I thought one terribly obvious banana joke would be appealing... get it a PEEL ing? *ahem* Also I like to keep the character of Razzap Snookums right on the fence between sinister villain and mostly honest businessman subject to anti martian planetism.

No comments: