Friday, October 13, 2006

Another Terrible Idea

You know how many podcasts begin with big audio collage time-wasters, collections of quotes from movies or tv that are supposed to imply that because our host likes these fine clips? Which by the way is a meme I can't buy into. I mean maybe if Harry Shearer played his own clips at the opening it would prove his wit but any random person who can pick some well known movie quotes, is telling me almost nothing other than they like wasting time.

But I digress...

My idea was to do a parody of that and take the most pointless and unmemorable quotes from the greatest films of all time. The problem with that though is it takes something that is essentially boring and parodizes it by being even more boring. High concept but not especially funny.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

No comments: