Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I have seen the future and brother it is murder

Coming up on this weeks show:
  • A command performance of "Smoke Smoke Smoke (That Cigarette)"
  • For Them By Them
  • Some Terrible Puns (I Think)

I just want to take credit here for being a soothsayer. I'm assuming that if you're reading this you listen to the program. Did I not hit the nail on the Gays In The Military head just a day before General Peter Pace starting up the Military V. Gay debate all over again?

Speaking of that, am I the only one who is so paranoid as to think that this was done on purpose? It seems to me like the fallout from Pace's comments have all but pushed the Walter Reed Scandal, The FBI Lying About Investigation Scandal, and the Libby Scandal. Thank goodness that the Attorney General Scandal still has staying power against something as distracting as our institutional hatred of homosexuality.

But that's not all I want to take credit for being a soothsayer about. Back when all those Christian Pharmacists were in the news for denying women their Emergency Contraception and they were claiming that firing them for not doing their job was religious persecution, I blogged in my LiveJournal (aka personal) blog about the logical extension of that being Muslims and Jews refusing to ring up bacon at your supermarket. Everybody laughed but then a year or so later, it's come true. http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2007/mar/14/some_muslim_cashiers_refuse_handle_pork/

And this seems to be drawing more ire than pharmacists refusing to fill prescriptions, which boggles my mind.

Of course now that I know I have this awesome power of divination, I'm officially predicting that in the next week I'll be seduced by no fewer than three buxom redheads, (dyed or natural I'm not too picky) and that someone will come along who wants to pay me for being amusing so I can quit my day job.

We'll see how that works out I guess. I smell a streak being broken.

No comments: