Sunday, September 28, 2008

Come on Get Happy (recap)

Heard on this show:

Happy Town - Jill Sobule
Samba Triste - Charlie Byrd
Money - Gary Pine and Dollarman
Solar - Chet Baker

MyFace - I heard some analyst talking about Social Networking and when they said, "MySpace and Facebook" I thought of MyFace. The jokes are pretty obvious from there

Intro - I seriously do have to apologize to the ghosts of Cheyevsky and Finch. But I didn't want to do another big serious political show and thought at some point we have to just get happy and start enjoying ourselves despite what's going on.

McCain saves the Economy - I'm not sure I made this point that well. The point is that McCain is a known liar so if he tells us things are bad, we'll think they're good. Which would be a huge help to consumer confidence. I might have lost the point somewhat on this one. Sorry.

Only You Can Help - I'm most proud about this one. It really will come down to $10.00 a day for all of us if they take the full 700 billion. But of course that's for each and every one of us. As it is, if you actually pay taxes, your percentage will probably be higher. On the other hand, we might get something back for our sawbuck one of these days... maybe.

Dickipedia - Nixon jokes never seem to get old.

Family Day/Global Warming - Something of a celebration of uh... the WTF nature of modern life. See, it's ironic because I'm pretending it's all happy good news. Eh. I'll admit it, not classic material.

No comments: